Events and Marketing Project Manager
First Orchard its a holding company for Made in the Midlands and Made in Yorkshire, based in central Birmingham and Leeds, and is the leading social media and events company in UK manufacturing – producers of events such as the Made in the Midlands exhibition, Manufactured Yorkshire, best practice breakfast events and Awards programmes. A 16-person strong fun and dynamic team has a friendly atmosphere where you will have the opportunity to develop your knowledge through training and the wide variety of event products you will work on.
Reporting to the CEO, the Events Manager will be responsible for the end-to-end planning, marketing and delivery of the company’s full portfolio of events including best practice breakfast mornings, awards programmes and exhibitions. The role has the possibility of expansion in International events and other Operations across the business.
Salary up to £30k depending on experience
£5k annual performance bonus
To apply please send a CV and covering letter.
- Identifying and negotiating suitable venue and supplier contracts
- Maintaining budgets, providing cost projections and managing event spends
- Driving event attendance
- Work closely with clients and sales team to ensure sponsorship/exhibitor packages are executed in line with expectations
- Project management of Awards to include logistics, entry promotion, judging process and ceremony
- Taking control of on-site event operations and staff
- Effective engagement will be required with a wide range of stakeholders including external suppliers
- Works closely with Group Marketing Manager to identify the full scale of marketing delivery channels that best activate the strategic plans
The ideal candidate is:
- Experienced (2-3 years) in event and budget management (awards, conferences, drinks receptions and exhibitions)
- Detailed orientated and Highly organised, able to manage multiple projects and prioritise while working to tight deadlines
- Self-motivated with good commercial awareness
- Able to apply great attention to detail, meticulously track budget spend and keep records
- A strong negotiator, able to take ownership of tasks and problem-solve
- Fantastic at building relationships with suppliers and colleagues to achieve their goals
- Experienced in using project management and Google apps
- Able to streamline and improve operational processes
- Has excellent Stakeholder Management skills
- Calm under pressure!